- Make a time line of major events that occurred this year.
- Write a summary of the past year in your journal. These should be personal events. Include a paragraph of two of how these events made you feel.
- Write out 10 resolutions for the new year. Try to include at least one resolution for each of these areas: behavior, goals, spiritual, health, and family. Plan out how you will keep these resolutions.
- Write a letter to yourself to open on New Year's Eve next year. Tell about what is happening in your life and in the news. Next year, you can see how much you, and the world has changed.
- Fill out your calendar for the next year. Include birthdays, anniversaries, and any events that you are aware of (graduations, reunions, etc).